This project started exactly like that.
Next week my children will have school holidays, and we are planning a little trip. After our winter adventure to Belovezhskaya Pushcha, this time the destination will be Brest and the dolphinarium.
And as every parent knows, the most important question during a long bus ride is simple:
Where do we put all the snacks?
That was the moment when I realized my son needed a small travel bag.
But choosing the design was not easy.
He has never been interested in typical "boy" themes. Cars, airplanes, military themes, and similar things have never really caught his attention.
But robots?
That was a completely different story.
From a very young age, he was fascinated by wires, electricity, and everything connected with technology. Before he could even walk properly, he was already carrying around old plugs, cables, and extension cords around the house. Of course, he knew not to touch the sockets, but those mysterious wires were much more interesting than ordinary toys.
So when I decided to make him a bag, the answer was obvious.
It had to be a robot.
The Idea Behind the Design
At the same time, a new handmade challenge started in the wonderful crafting community "Rukodelnye Zateiki" — the project "Bip-Bop".
I immediately knew I wanted to participate.
The only question was: what kind of robot should appear on the bag?
My son and I discussed ideas together, and slowly our little character appeared.
A green felt robot-android became the main decoration of the bag.
I love projects where children become part of the creative process. The finished item becomes more than just a handmade thing — it carries a little piece of their imagination too.
Giving Old Jeans a New Life
The bag itself was made from an old pair of jeans.
This project became a little continuation of my quiet denim upcycling journey. Earlier, I created a tablet cover from old jeans, and now this bag became its younger sister.
I love finding new purposes for things that are no longer used. Handmade projects are a wonderful way to give old materials a second life.
I also had this piece of green felt waiting in my craft supplies. I bought it before New Year, planning to create a Christmas decoration, but that idea never happened.
Sometimes materials simply wait for the right project.
And this robot was definitely the right one.
Small Details That Matter
For the sides of the bag, I added reflective tape.
When it comes to children's things, safety is always important. I wanted the bag not only to look fun but also to be practical.
Inside, I added a waterproof lining and two pockets:
A Handmade Gift with Imperfections
Of course, not everything went perfectly.
There were a few mistakes, uneven stitches, and moments when I had to redo things.
But handmade projects are like that.
They are not factory-made. They carry the story of the person who created them.
And the most important thing?
My little customer was happy.
That is always the best review a handmade project can receive.
Materials Used for This Project
For this handmade robot bag, I used:
old denim jeans and
https://amzn.to/4ffSHzK
Supplies for This Project
You can find similar materials and tools for handmade sewing projects here:
→ Sewing supplies
→ Felt sheets
→ Fabric scissors
→ Sewing accessories
→Waterproof fabric for the lining
Everything for this project in one place - https://amzn.to/4ywoCoA
Around My Craft Table
Every handmade project is accompanied by small things that make the creative process more enjoyable.
For this project, I was inspired by practical and cozy additions to a sewing space:
- A beautiful storage basket for fabrics and supplies - https://amzn.to/4wXt1zn;
- Craft storage - https://amzn.to/4gIeK4E
- A cozy mug for tea during sewing evenings - https://amzn.to/4bxt3We;
- A soft candle-lit atmosphere for creative moments - https://amzn.to/4yxnjFT
Create a Cozy Crafting Corner
Small details can make handmade time even more special.
A comfortable creative space helps ideas appear, projects grow, and quiet evenings become moments to remember.
Final Thoughts
This little robot bag started with a simple question about snacks for a trip.
But in the end, it became something much more.
It holds a child's imagination, old jeans with a second life, and a mother's wish to create something special.
Sometimes the smallest handmade projects become the ones we remember the most.
Thank you for visiting my craft room.
Affiliate Disclosure
Some links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue sharing helpful embroidery guides and recommendations.
Some of my embroidery and handmade lifestyle photos are available for licensing on Adobe Stock
Pin for Later





Классная сумка! И пончик :)
ReplyDeleteКстати, спасибо что напомнила - у меня ведь тоже есть андроид и тоже фетровая аппликация;) Давно сделала (еще на новый год), а показать забыла. Надо будет его сфотать)))
Спасибо! Я вот о том и говорю - мыслим в одном направлении:-)
DeleteКлассная сумка, а пончики множатся! Насмешила про удлинители и вилки вместо развивающих игрушек.
ReplyDeleteСпасибо)
DeleteМечтать не вредно - вредно не мечтать)) Андорид прям неоновый)) А пончики клёвые, 0 калорий))
ReplyDeleteНадеюсь, мечты когдааааа-нибудь сбудутся:о) Андроид благодаря фотику таким вышел( А пончики с девизом "похудеем к лету")))
DeleteНаташ, приглашаю в игру "3 вопроса рукодельнице" http://sveta-life.blogspot.ru/2013/03/3.html
ReplyDeleteСпасибо за приглашение:)
ReplyDeleteааааа, какие пончики!!!! дай откусить,а? )
ReplyDeleteНеа:) Я жадина!!!
DeleteКлассная сумка=) А пончики так аппетитно выглядят)
ReplyDeleteПринимаю заказы на сумку :-) А пончик сама свяжешь!!!
Delete