There’s something exciting about starting a new crochet project, especially when you're making it together with other makers.
This time, I’ve joined a crochet-along dedicated to a lightweight summer hat, and I’m looking forward to watching this simple idea slowly turn into something beautiful, one round at a time.
I always enjoy seeing how the same project can look completely different depending on the yarn, colors, and little creative choices each person makes.
Gathering the Materials
Every project begins with a small collection of familiar things—a ball of yarn, a favorite hook, and the quiet anticipation of making something by hand.
For this hat, I chose soft yarn that will be comfortable to wear on warm summer days. The pattern looks light and airy, making it perfect for sunny weather.
Seeing the materials ready on my craft table is always one of my favorite moments. Before the first stitch is made, it already feels like the beginning of a new story.
On My Craft Table
Here are a few of the supplies I'm using for this project.
Soft yarn suitable for children's accessories - https://amzn.to/4wKRVlJ
Crochet hook - https://amzn.to/3R5VDXT
Small embroidery scissors - https://amzn.to/4pkWArN
Basket for yarn storage - https://amzn.to/3RdTb1l
Yarn bowl - https://amzn.to/4y03WoD
My insulated travel mug - https://amzn.to/44eneZX because tea somehow tastes even better while crocheting.Looking Ahead
Right now, it's only the beginning.
The yarn is waiting, the hook is ready, and the first stitches are about to appear.
I can't wait to see how this summer hat grows over the next few evenings.
I'll be sharing the finished project soon, along with all the little changes I make along the way. Sometimes those unexpected adjustments become my favorite part of the whole process.
Until then, happy crocheting!
The finished project is now ready!
You can see the completed crochet hat here, where I share the final result, a few small modifications, and my thoughts after finishing it.
Affiliate Disclosure
Some links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue sharing helpful crochet guides and recommendations.
Some of my crochet and handmade lifestyle photos are available for licensing on Adobe Stock
Pin for Later





Наташ, я тоже надеюсь, что в долгострой шапочка не отправится )))) У нее шансов на это гораздо меньше, чем у пледа. Хотя бы потому, что она гораздо меньше того самого пледа ))))
ReplyDeleteЛюблю авторские работы, так что в предвкушении твоей эксклюзивной панамки
Спасибо, Марина, за приятные слова, но думаю, что ничем не удивлю. Просто вязать буду, как мне удобно.
DeleteВот уже второй раз читаю про это СП.Ни разу панамок не вязала.А так что-то хочется!Да и не помешала бы для дочки.Но я,если и возьмусь,то только с подробным описанием,сама точно не смогу.Наташа,присоединяйся к фотозстафете"Дети на прогулке",я думаю,есть,что показать! http://kaleidoskop63.blogspot.ru/2013/06/blog-post_14.html
ReplyDeleteЕвгения, спасибо за приглашение) Я подумаю. А панамку вязать легко, попробуй!
DeleteСП да, организовывают! Шапочку за вечер свяжешь. Самое долгое - это процесс придумывания, у меня это сопровождается неоднократным распусканием)) Первую вязала, давно, тоже из бегонии, описание не понравилось, получалось то большой, то маленькой, размер крючка подобрать толком не смогла. Но это была моя первая шапка))
ReplyDeleteУ тебя классные шапочки! Присоединяйся)
Delete