There’s something about the weeks leading up to Christmas that always inspires me to slow down.
The evenings feel quieter, candles stay lit a little longer, and my embroidery hoop somehow finds its way into my hands almost every night. It's my favorite time of year for small handmade projects—the kind you can finish over a few cozy evenings with a warm drink nearby.
This little Christmas tree ornament was one of those projects.
It wasn't planned months in advance, and I wasn't following a complicated pattern. It simply started with the feeling that I wanted to make something warm, simple, and handmade for the holiday season.
Sometimes the Best Ideas Begin with a Feeling
I've noticed that my favorite embroidery projects rarely begin with a detailed plan.
More often, they begin with a season.
This tiny Christmas tree was inspired by everything I love about winter: soft candlelight, evergreen branches, warm colors, and the peaceful rhythm of stitching while the world outside grows quiet.
I wanted it to feel timeless—something that could hang on a Christmas tree year after year or become a small handmade gift for someone special.
A Small Project That Feels Surprisingly Relaxing
One of the reasons I love making ornaments is that they're wonderfully uncomplicated.
You don't need a large piece of fabric or dozens of embroidery stitches.
Just a few favorite colors, a simple design, and an evening without rushing.
As the little tree slowly appeared on the linen, I found myself enjoying the process far more than I expected.
Sometimes the smallest projects are the ones that remind me why I fell in love with embroidery in the first place.
Supplies I Used
- https://amzn.to/4g5NqNn
Watch the Ornament Come to Life
If you'd like to see how this little Christmas tree came together, I've included the full embroidery process below.
Watching each stitch appear one by one is one of my favorite parts of sharing these projects. I hope it inspires you to slow down, pick up your hoop, and create something handmade this holiday season.
Why Handmade Ornaments Feel Different
Store-bought decorations can certainly be beautiful.
But handmade ornaments tell a story.
Every stitch holds a quiet evening, every thread carries a memory, and every finished piece becomes part of the traditions we build over the years.
I love the idea that this little ornament might be carefully packed away after Christmas and then rediscovered the following winter, bringing back memories of another cozy season spent creating.
That's what makes handmade decorations so special.
Final Thoughts
This tiny Christmas tree may be one of the smallest embroidery projects I've made, but it reminds me of something important.
Handmade isn't about making something perfect.
It's about creating moments.
A quiet evening.
A cup of tea.
Soft music in the background.
A few peaceful stitches at the end of the day.
Those are often the memories that stay with us long after the holidays are over.
I hope this little ornament inspires you to create a few handmade memories of your own this Christmas.
Affiliate Disclosure
Some links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue sharing helpful embroidery guides and recommendations.
Some of my embroidery and handmade lifestyle photos are available for licensing on Adobe Stock







Easy to read and understand.
ReplyDelete