Monday, November 3, 2025

Autumn Pumpkin Embroidery: A Cozy Stitch for Slow Fall Evenings


There’s something about autumn that always makes me want to slow down.

As the days grow shorter and the evenings become cooler, I naturally find myself reaching for my embroidery hoop. This is my favorite season for cozy projects—warm colors, soft textures, candlelight, and a cup of coffee never feel out of place.

This little pumpkin embroidery was inspired by exactly that feeling.

hand embroidered pumpkin on linen fabric


Designing My Own Pumpkin Pattern

One of the things I enjoy most is creating simple embroidery designs from my own sketches.

For this project, I started with a quick drawing in my notebook before transferring the design onto natural linen using a heat-erasable pen.

The embroidery itself is quite simple, but I wanted the colors to tell the story.

I chose warm honey orange, golden mustard, soft brown, and muted greens—the shades that always remind me of pumpkin patches, fallen leaves, and crisp October afternoons.

autumn pumpkin embroidery details


The Quiet Ritual of Autumn Stitching

This embroidery came to life over several peaceful evenings.

A candle flickered on my desk, a small pumpkin sat nearby, and the comforting aroma of fresh coffee filled the room.

Those are the moments I treasure most.

Embroidery isn't only about creating something beautiful. It's also about creating a little space where time slows down.

Every stitch helps me leave behind the rush of the day and simply enjoy the creative process.


The Supplies I Used

Embroidery hoop - https://amzn.to/3RUbZmk
Linen or cotton fabric - https://amzn.to/49tFykS
Embroidery floss (autumn colors)
 -https://amzn.to/4uRF4wJ
Embroidery needles - https://amzn.to/3RCoMda
Heat erasable fabric pen - https://amzn.to/4uKsr7t
Small embroidery scissors - https://amzn.to/4u8KC5o
Thread organizer box - https://amzn.to/4viQ1b3
Good lighting for evening embroidery - https://amzn.to/4ub4hls
Magnetic needle minder - https://amzn.to/4vFgQXB
Insulated coffee tumbler for cozy stitching evenings - https://amzn.to/4xMWPQb

 Watch the Embroidery Process

If you'd like to see how this embroidery came together, I've included the full stitching process video below.


 Free Pumpkin Embroidery Pattern

If you'd like to stitch your own little pumpkin, I've included the embroidery pattern below.

Simple seasonal projects like this are perfect for practicing basic stitches, decorating your home for fall, or creating a thoughtful handmade gift.

📸 PHOTO #3: Pumpkin embroidery pattern.

ALT: free pumpkin embroidery pattern


Final Thoughts

Every autumn reminds me that beauty doesn't have to be complicated.

Sometimes it's found in a handful of warm-colored threads, a piece of linen, and a quiet evening spent stitching by candlelight.

I hope this little pumpkin brings a bit of that cozy feeling to your home, just as it did to mine.

Happy stitching, and may your autumn be filled with creativity, warm coffee, and plenty of peaceful moments with your embroidery hoop.


Affiliate Disclosure

Some links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue sharing helpful embroidery guides and recommendations.


📷 Some of my embroidery and handmade lifestyle photos are available for licensing on Adobe Stock

Pin for Later  

No comments:

Post a Comment