Every season seems to leave me with one flower I simply can't forget.
For autumn, it's always marigolds.
Their rich golden petals, warm orange tones, and almost glowing colors make them feel like little pieces of sunshine just before summer quietly fades away.
This embroidery began with a simple thought:
What if I could keep that feeling long after the flowers disappear?
A Little Inspiration from My Garden
For several days, I found myself stopping to admire the marigolds growing in the garden.
There was something about the way they caught the afternoon light. Their petals looked almost illuminated, holding onto the last warmth of summer before autumn fully arrived.
Eventually, I brought a few flowers inside and placed them next to my embroidery hoop.
That was the moment this project truly began.
Bringing Autumn to Linen
I chose a piece of natural linen as the background because I wanted the flowers to be the center of attention.
For the embroidery, I picked several shades of orange, honey gold, warm yellow, and soft brown floss. Instead of trying to copy every petal exactly, I focused on capturing the feeling of the flowers.
One stitch at a time, the marigolds slowly came to life.
embroidered marigold flower with real marigold for color inspiration
My checklist for this project
Keeping the Background Simple
One decision made a bigger difference than I expected.
I left the background completely clean.
Without extra details, the embroidered flowers became the entire story. Their warm colors stood out even more against the quiet linen, creating exactly the calm feeling I was hoping for.
Sometimes the most beautiful designs are the ones that leave a little breathing room.
close-up of marigold embroidery stitches
Final Thoughts
Every time I look at this embroidery, I remember those bright marigolds blooming outside just before the season changed.
That's one of the things I love most about handmade projects.
They don't just preserve stitches—they preserve moments.
Long after the flowers have faded, this little piece of linen will still remind me of warm autumn afternoons, golden light, and the quiet joy of creating something with my own hands.
Affiliate Disclosure
Some links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue sharing helpful embroidery guides and recommendations.
Some of my embroidery and handmade lifestyle photos are available for licensing on Adobe Stock







No comments:
Post a Comment