Remember that little white crochet doily I showed you in my previous post?
I told you it had an unusual future, but I wasn't ready to reveal what I was planning.
Well…
The secret is finally out.
That crochet doily has become a little autumn ghost.
And don't worry — he's not scary at all.
He's more sleepy than spooky, a little thoughtful, and perfectly happy living on my windowsill.
From a Crochet Doily to a Little Ghost
This project is a good example of why I love handmade things.
Sometimes you don't need complicated materials or a special occasion.
I already had the crochet doily I made for this project, and all it needed was a little creativity — and a very simple base.
The result was something completely different from what I had originally crocheted.
How I Made the Ghost
The best part is that this little ghost is surprisingly simple to make.
Step One: Making the Base
For the shape of the ghost, I used two things I already had at home:
a small bouncy ball
a glass jar
The jar provided the base, while the ball created the rounded shape at the top.
I placed them together to create the form I needed.
Step Two: Adding the Crochet Doily
Next came the slightly messy part.
I generously coated the crochet doily with ordinary PVA white glue.
Then I placed it over my jar-and-ball form and carefully arranged the crochet so that it took on the shape of a little ghost.
This is one of those steps where you don't need to be too precise.
Just adjust the fabric until you like the shape.
Step Three: Let It Dry
And then comes the hardest part for an impatient crafter:
waiting.
I left the ghost alone until the glue was completely dry and the crochet had become firm enough to hold its shape.
It's important not to rush this step.
The whole structure needs to be thoroughly dry before you remove the form underneath.
Step Four: Adding the Eyes
For the eyes, I used a small piece of craft foam / foamiran.
I simply cut out two little eyes and attached them with PVA glue.
Nothing complicated.
And suddenly the personality appeared.
And Here He Is!
My little crochet ghost was ready for his new home.
I placed him on the windowsill and added a string of warm fairy lights around him.
That's when he really came to life.
I Love the Way the Light Comes Through
This may actually be my favorite part.
The white crochet texture becomes almost translucent when the light shines behind it.
You can see all those tiny stitches, and the ghost seems to glow from within.
He doesn't look frightening at all.
He looks as though he's quietly floating through the room.
A little spooky.
A little whimsical.
And mostly just cozy.
A Few Simple Supplies
You don't need much to make this project.
A crocheted doily
A glass jar
A small bouncy ball
White PVA glue
Foamiran or craft foam
Warm white fairy lights
Most of these things are inexpensive and easy to find, and you may already have several of them at home.
On My Craft Table
If you're curious about the materials I used, I've gathered a few similar supplies on Amazon.
You certainly don't need everything on this list — some of these things may already be hiding in your craft room.
PVA white craft glue - https://amzn.to/3T1Xv4N
Foamiran / craft foam sheets - https://amzn.to/4yaloGt
Warm white fairy lights - https://amzn.to/4xqsR4f
You can find these and other craft supplies in my Amazon Idea List.
A Little Autumn Movie Night
And now that I have a ghost sitting on my windowsill, I think the next logical step is a proper spooky movie night.
So here's Part Two of this little autumn story.
What horror movie or spooky series do you love watching in the fall?
Are you a classic horror fan?
Do you prefer something mysterious and atmospheric?
Or maybe you like a series that is just a little creepy but still cozy enough to watch with a cup of tea?
Tell me in the comments.
Let's make a whole autumn watchlist together!
I'm always looking for something good to watch while crocheting or working on my next embroidery project.
Final Thoughts
I think this little project proves once again that you don't need expensive materials or complicated techniques to make something special.
A crochet doily that was waiting for its purpose.
An old glass jar.
A little bouncy ball.
Some PVA glue.
A tiny piece of foamiran.
And a bit of imagination.
That's all it took to turn a simple piece of crochet into a little autumn character.
And now I'm wondering…
What else could I turn into a ghost?
For now, I'll leave him quietly glowing on the windowsill.
And I'll be waiting for your movie recommendations.
Let's see how spooky we can make this autumn!
Stay tuned... the embroidery adventure is just beginning.
Affiliate Disclosure
Some links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue sharing helpful embroidery guides, creative inspiration, and handmade lifestyle content.
Some of my embroidery and handmade lifestyle photos are available for licensing on Adobe Stock.



No comments:
Post a Comment